Safe Places Shropshire
We are proud to inform you all that Allcare is now a “Safe Place” which means we provide a short term safe place to vulnerable people who feel threatened. The scheme is supported by West Mercia Police and our staff are briefed in what to do if somebody needs help.
How do Safe Places work?
- Shops businesses and public buildings sign up to the project.
- Staff are briefed in what to do if someone needs help.
- The premises that sign up are provided with a sticker symbol that goes in a visible place in the window.
- The scheme is supported by West Mercia Police. Local Police Community Support Officers are aware of where local Safe Places are.
- People using the ‘Safe Places’ Project are given a card by the organisations involved which has the same Safe Places symbol as the window sticker. They add details of people to contact if help is needed. Cards can also be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If the person feels threatened or has a crime committed against them while they are out in the community they can come into any ‘Safe Places’ premises to ask for support.